Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Superbowl Sunday--Snow and Steady

Usually, when there is a mega snow storm, airplanes are grounded and airports are jammed with waiting passengers standing, sleeping, drinking....but not when it is a snowstorm in northern Texas, the weekend of the Superbowl.  Just the opposite actually, news reports today state they are adding more planes to the fleet to try and get people to Dallas. 

Dallas, TX is covered in a blanket of snow with more on the way tomorrow.  Crews are spending all day Saturday removing snow from the dome where Pittsburgh and Green Bay will meet up to compete for the Superbowl Championship.  The weather has slowed things down for businesses surrounding the stadium who were counting on a week of Pre-Superbowl frenzied consumers, but I don't think it will freeze any of the excitement tomorrow...assuming fans can get in.

I am excited to watch the game tomorrow.  I will root for the Packers. I would've been behind the Steelers if they had done a better job handling the Roethlisberger situation.  I'm not the only one, as I've heard of other families who just can't forgive Pittsburgh's blind eye. With no real allegiance either way, I will be happy to sport my son's cheese hat in hopes that Green Bay will grab the ring. 

The hardest part of the weekend for me will be when the game is over, marking the end of the NFL season. Thankfully, there are lots of sports to hold my attention until the NFL Draft in the Spring, until Spring/Summer training in June, until Pre-Season in August, when my Detroit Lions will step back out onto the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment